By: Morgan English
With spring in full effect and summer on the horizon, there’s no better time to do a little reset and check in with yourself. As much as people preach trying to find a perfect balance between work, home and everything else, I personally don’t buy it. I did for a while and I chased balance (whatever that means) only to realize that balance will mean different things from week to week. Which is why I don’t try to achieve perfect balance, but instead I make time to do “resets” and check in with myself.
The beauty of resets, for me, is acknowledging the parts of your life that need more attention or require more love. It is not about seeing where you dropped the ball or that you aren’t working out enough or your “bikini body” isn’t ready. It’s about finding small, easy ways to improve both your body and your mind.
The first thing I do for any reset is asking myself a few questions like these: How am I feeling emotionally? How is my body feeling? What does my body need? Where can I improve my habits to help myself continue to grow?
I love meditating and keeping these questions in mind while doing a body scan. It helps me realize a few things, time and time again...
1. Drink more water
2. Stretch every day
3. Stop forgetting to take your CBD daily
From there, I write down what my goals are and why. I put the list on my fridge and I jump into it. I highly recommend physically writing down what you want to focus on. It really helps it click and allows you to look at the list or reference it for inspiration and motivation when needed.
For this spring reset, I am making a point to stretch and take my CBD every morning. Even if that means stretching in bed. Beyond stretching, I’m committing to moving my body 4-5 times a week, even if it’s only for ten minutes.
This is my ten minute, go-to flow whenever I do a reset. It helps strengthen every part of the body, from the glutes to the core, and helps build muscle while improving balance. It's perfect to do in the morning as a wake up for your body or at night to wind down.
1. Place your feet directly under your hips, so there’s about enough space for a fist between your feet. Press your heels down into the ground, take a few deep breaths, reaching your arms up and drawing your arms back to open your chest
2. Lock your fingers together and raise your arms so your biceps are by your head, make sure your shoulders are relaxed and drawn back. Gently lean to the right, come back to center, lean to the left, come back to center.
3. Leaving your left foot planted, step your right foot back into crescent lunge and hold
4. Sweep your arms back, bringing your chest forward. Engage your core
5. Engaging your biceps, do a bicep curl while you drop the right knee. Keep your glutes squeezed and engaged
6. Rise back into a crescent lunge and sweep your arms forward
7. Press your arms down as you lift your right leg forward into a march.
8. Slowly step your right foot back and repeat.
9. Do this 10 times on each leg
10. End in a stretch. Fold your body at your waist and connect your arms, sway back and forth. Allow your head and upper body to feel heavy here
And lastly, part of doing a reset for me is also tackling my terrible sweet tooth and snacking habits. Life moves fast, days are busy, and as much as I’d like to think I eat healthily, it truly ebbs and flows; Which is why I love doing a spring reset. I love having a healthier snacking option ready to go, especially to help curb those late night munchies. Over the years, fruit dipped in chocolate has become a staple in my household. Especially frozen chocolate covered banana slices. The best part about this snack? You can customize it to whatever you like! The options are literally endless.
CBD chocolate covered fruit
What you’ll need:
- Banana, sliced
- Apples, sliced
- Semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
- BARE CBD tincture
- Crushed candied walnuts (optional)
- Coconut flakes (optional)
1. Slice all fruit and set aside
2. Melt chocolate as directed, typically microwave in 30-second intervals. Stir chocolate in between each until fully melted
3. Add BARE to melted chocolate and stir until completely combined
4. Dip half of the banana or apple slice into melted chocolate
5. Add crushed walnuts or coconut flakes to the chocolate
6. Let the fruit set in the fridge for two hours and enjoy!
Optional tip: freeze the chocolate covered bananas, you won’t regret it!
Any time you do a reset, just remember it’s for you. Not for anyone else. Do what feels right and what feels good for you, and everything else will fall into place.
Don’t forget to follow and tag @kushqueenshop & @kushqueenco in your Instagram posts and stories.
Need CBD oil to create your own Spring Reset Rituals? Grab a bottle of our Kush Queen Bäre Tincture below!